Privacy and Data Policy
We understand that you have confidential information that you want to protect and maintain as confidential. We want you to know that Cloud9Kona.com is committed to safeguarding your privacy online and we strive to make our Web site as safe and secure as reasonably possible.
What information does Cloud9Kona.com collect from me?
During registration we ask for your name, company name, address, zip/postal code, email address, phone, age. In addition to the information we obtain at registration, we may ask you for information at other times, such as when you make a purchase or register for a service on www.Cloud9Kona.com Web site, when you submit a listing for a Web site, or when you report a problem with one of our services or the site(s) of our strategic alliance companies.
If you contact Cloud9Kona.com we may keep a record of that correspondence or communication. Information on how you communicated with us may also be recorded and can include your Internet address, the language you selected for viewing order forms or other documents, your browser type, the currency in which you viewed prices if such feature is available, your use of a secure or insecure Web page, the return email address shown in any email message from you, the return address on any envelope or facsimile number on any facsimile, or the telephone number from which you called.
Cloud9Kona.com also may occasionally ask you to provide information to participate in certain voluntary promotions, surveys, or contests (see the Sponsors/Contests/Surveys section below). Finally, Cloud9Kona.com collects information about its Members in general, which does not necessarily identify the Member, by using our server log files and some of the methods described in the "cookies" section below.
Why does Cloud9Kona.com gather this information, and how is it used?
• When you order a product or service we use your name, email address, delivery address, and credit card number and expiration date (or financial information) as part of a credit check. This information allows us to process the order and deliver the product or service.
• We ask for your telephone number to enable us to contact you if there is a problem with your order or the delivery of a product or service. In the event you have asked for the delivery of tangible goods, we may need to share the telephone number with the carrier delivering the goods.
• When you order a product or service from a company linked to the www.Cloud9Kona.com Web site, it may be necessary for Cloud9Kona.com to share certain limited information, such as your IP address, with such company in order to process and complete your purchase or other transaction. In such cases, Cloud9Kona.com shares the minimum information necessary to complete the transaction and only shares such information when you make a purchase or engage in a transaction - not when you simply visit and leave the other site.
• If you choose to enter a contest or other promotion, we ask for your name, address, email address, and other information in order to notify winners. As noted in the rules of the contest or promotion, we may publish certain information about the winners.
• In addition to using your information to deliver services requested by you, Cloud9Kona.com may use the information to notify you about important service issues, functionality changes, and other customer support issues. If you choose, Cloud9Kona.com will also notify you about special offers and services from Cloud9Kona.com that we believe you will find valuable.
• We also use the information you provide us to enhance the operation of the www.Cloud9Kona.com Web site and to provide you a customized experience when you navigate through our site.
• Finally, we analyze our users' demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information provided to us through the www.Cloud9Kona.com Web site. Our research and analysis is done on an aggregate basis and is not intended to identify individual Members.
What about third party sites linked to the www.Cloud9Kona.com Web site or strategic alliance companies?
If you have questions about the privacy policies of strategic alliance companies or the privacy policies of other sites, we encourage you to contact them directly.
How and with whom does Cloud9Kona.com share my information?
Strategic Alliance Businesses/Advertisers
If you choose to receive information from companies with which we have a strategic alliance, Cloud9Kona.com (or agents working on behalf of Cloud9Kona.com and under confidentiality agreements) will send you these direct mailings. Cloud9Kona.com will not provide your information to strategic alliance companies unless it is necessary to complete a purchase from or transaction with such company or to provide a co-branded product/service on the www.Cloud9Kona.com Web site that you have ordered. This may be necessary so that the company may process your orders and ship, supply, maintain, or service the goods or services that you requested. If you register directly with another company reached through the www.Cloud9Kona.com site, that company will have control over the information you provide.
From time to time, we share aggregated data regarding the Members and users of our services (for example, the percentage of our users that are architects, or that Members who choose one type of service request a related service a certain percentage of the time). Some of this information may include the data obtained as described in the "cookies" section below, but no personally identifiable information is included in these types of statistics.
Cloud9Kona.com may also share information for the following purposes:
• Cloud9Kona.com may disclose account information when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who injures Cloud9Kona.com or any of our users or Members.
• Cloud9Kona.com may disclose or access account information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
• Cloud9Kona.com may disclose information for administrative purposes that we deem necessary to deliver or maintain services or products. Cloud9Kona.com may also display entity names as part of the registration process to facilitate an individual registrant's affiliation with the correct entity.
What are my choices regarding the use of my information?
Cloud9Kona.com follows an "opt-in" policy. When you register to use the Cloud9Kona.com web site you can choose whether you want to receive promotional information from us or from companies with which we have a strategic alliance. If you want to receive this information, be sure to indicate that on your Cloud9Kona.com registration form. You also have choices about whether you want to receive this information when you visit and provide information to other sites, including sites accessible through the Cloud9Kona.com site.
What is my right of access to my information?
What are cookies, and how does Cloud9Kona.com use them?
A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a Web server. It is saved on your computer's hard drive. Cookie files store and sometimes track information about what you do on the Cloud9Kona.com Web site. This information makes it possible for us to offer and provide highly customized services. All areas on the Cloud9Kona.com Web site that prompt you to log in or that are customizable require that you accept cookies in order for that part of the site to function properly.
• Remind us of who you are and to access your profile (stored on our computers) in order to deliver to you a better and more personalized service. A cookie is set when you register or log in and is modified when you log out of our services.
• Assist strategic alliance companies in tracking visits to Web sites containing co-branded content. This information collected by cookies is sometimes called "clickstream" or "click trail" and may also describe which pages you have seen in each section of a site.
• Measure Web site traffic patterns, which areas of the site you have visited, and your visiting patterns in aggregate. We use this research to understand how our users' habits are similar to or different from one another so that we can make each new experience on the Cloud9Kona.com Web site a better one. We may use this information to better personalize the content, banners, and promotions that you and other users will see on our site(s).
Cloud9Kona.com also collects IP addresses for system administration purposes and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. In addition, Cloud9Kona.com mail includes IP addresses in outgoing mail message headers.
I'd rather not have cookies stored on my computer. Is there any way to work around them?
Yes, you do have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences you can choose to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies, however, you will be unable to use those services that require registration in order to participate. You can still use many other services even if you do not wish to accept cookies.
When I registered I chose to receive mailings and offers. Now I've changed my mind and don't want to get them anymore. What should I do?
What security precautions are in place to protect my information from hackers or prying eyes?
Your Cloud9Kona.com profile is password protected so that only you have access. However, it may on occasion be necessary for Cloud9Kona.com employees or contractors working on behalf of Cloud9Kona.com to have access to your profile to provide you with support or to perform certain maintenance tasks. This access happens on an as-needed basis only.
We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. Also remember to sign out of your Cloud9Kona.com account and close your browser window when you have finished your work. This prevents others from accessing your personal information if you share a computer with someone else or use a workstation in a public place.
We use advanced security technology to ensure that your personal data remains private within our site. We also restrict access to personal data to those employees who have a need to use the data and who have been trained to handle such data properly and observe strict standards of confidentiality. Please read the Cloud9Kona.com Security Statement for further details. While no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure, Cloud9Kona.com strives to protect your personal information. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or within our online products or services.
Where is my data stored?
What else should I know about my privacy?
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online - for example, on message boards, through email, or in chat areas - that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties.
Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and your profile. Please be careful and responsible whenever you're online.